Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Friday/Saturday Adventure

Sorry for the very late update.  I have been exhausted when I get home and the time at the hospital is starting to get to me a little bit because I'm so tired, but if Ashton is fighting so hard her momma WILL NOT complain!

Friday was suppose to be an uneventful day, but Miss Prissy had other plans.  She was doing well on her C-Pap settings, so Dr. Kahn decided to reduce her pressure setting on her machine.  SHE DID GREAT with her new settings.  She also was doing well with her temperature regulation and is still getting to wear clothes.



Ashton also got a visit from some very dear friends from our old hometown, Levelland, Friday.  They were in town for a wedding and were so sweet to stop by and see sweet pea.  They also brought cards and gifts from lots of friends back in Levelland.  We are so blessed to have so many people sending Ashton and our family love and prayers.  I know I say thank you every night, but it never seems like a big enough way to express my gratitude.  You guys are amazing.

Friday night the picc line finally came out and Ashton got to say goodbye (hopefully forever) to one more of her NICU accessories.  She didn't enjoy having the line taken out, but she did just fine after she settled down a bit.  She had a calm night and her oxygen level stayed stable around 25%.

Saturday morning was a little rough for me because I knew I was missing this handsome boy's first T-Ball game. 



Brady has been a trooper throughout this journey, but as his mommy I was sad to realize I was missing a "first" for the first time.  We had been a family of three for almost five years before Ashton's arrival 20 days ago and Brady has never had an activity without me there to take a picture, cheer him on, and just enjoy seeing my little man grow.  Lucky for me, Ashton decided she knew what mommy needed and was a trooper this morning.  So much so that Dr. Kahn decided to reduce her C-Pap pressure AGAIN!  She has been been at a pressure setting of four all day as is hanging in there.  I can tell that it is harder for her because she has had more episodes where she gets tired or really sleepy and forgets to breath, but she is a fighter and I pray that she will keep getting stronger and have less and less episodes. 

Specific prayer requests:

1.)  Ashton continues to get stronger in supporting her own breathing and has less episodes.
2.)  She continues to do well with her feedings and starts gaining weight.
3.)  Her little body stays free from infection.

Much love!
Brandi

No comments:

Post a Comment