Thursday, March 22, 2012

Mommy Time

IF everything goes according to plan (I'll detail the plan below) I should get to hold Ashton sometime this afternoon!!!!!!!!!!  You all can't image how excited I am to get to hold my "eleven day old" sweet girl. Now, should something change and I may not be able to hold her today and that is OKAY because I know that everything will happen in His time.

Okay, today's plan--not too many changes.  The picc line will be inserted today, one of her umbilical lines will be taken out today, they will discontinue her blood pressure medicine today, and they will make vent. decreases today if her gases look good.  They are tweaking a few other things, but nothing major today.  We are praying that all of that goes well today and she adapts to these changes.

I haven't posted any photos of baby girl on the blog yet, mostly because I haven't had time to download the photos from my phone and we didn't think to bring the camera from Midland.  Also, I didn't know how folks would react to seeing her with the tubes, lines, and really swollen.  However, this is entirely too cute not to share.  The nurse turned on the light over Ashton's bed this morning and she immediately brought her hands to her face.  Obviously, she is going to be like her daddy and not like to be woken up from her sweet dreams.


Same prayer requests as earlier.  1.) Smooth picc line insertion.  2.) Adjustments to the vent. are accepted and handled well.

Much Love!
Brandi

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the picturce. I was going to ask when do we get to see photos of precious Ashton. Love to ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The girls and I are loving the picture. Ashton is just too cute! Our family is already falling in love with your sweet girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty little thing! I dont blame her one bit! I hate the bright lights in the morning. She is precious Brandi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brandi I'm just reading all your blogs for the first time! Sounds like you got a fighter! I'm praying for her AND Mommy! If you need ANYTHING I live in Houston! You can FB me or call me 8327246564! Even if you just want company!!! Super sweet picture of your little angel! I'll continue to pray for you two!!!

    ReplyDelete