Thursday, March 22, 2012

Wednesday Night

Hey all!
Ashton had a good night!  Before I left last night, Ashton's night nurses let me give her a bath--with their help of course.  Baths for a 30 week gestation baby pretty much means you sponge off the areas that don't have tubes, wires, etc.  It also means that mommy got to touch her and rub her for 20 minutes straight!  Ashton is such a little lady because she LOVED her bath.  She was so relaxed and her oxygen levels, heart rates, etc. stayed great.  Look out Brady---I foresee a ton of fights over the bathroom in your future.  They didn't make any changes to her vent. overnight, but her blood gases are MUCH better.  I'm sure they will talk about making changes at rounds this morning so that we can try to start moving towards getting rid of the vent.  Hopefully, Miss Prissy handles the changes they make today better than she did the last couple of days.  She spit up last night, but wouldn't you if you were being feed milk by a tube while laying on your back?  She ate her next feeding, so I'm thinking the spit up may not be a big deal.  The picc line should be going in today.  I know I have said that for the last three days, but that is life in the NICU.  Please pray that the picc line insertion goes well.  I know it will be painful--IV's aren't fun if you are an adult--and I'm praying for a smooth insertion!  Until rounds, I won't know what else we have in store for the day.  I'll update more in a bit....

B.

2 comments:

  1. Miss Brandi!
    I just wanted you to know that we ARE praying, every moment! I just know that Ashton is going to pull through this...and that she's gonna be one tough, stubborn little girl because of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seek the Lord and his strength and seek his face evermore."
    Psalm 105:4 This is a verse that helped us while going through a rough journey with our daughter. It was like a roller coaster ride. We had ups and downs everyday and one step forward and two steps back for a long while. Know in your heart, that God already knows what's going on with your sweet angel. He is in control and has His hand on her life. Please trust and stay faithful to Christ everyday and in every situation. By doing that, you will find peace and strength to continue on this journey. Love and God Bless, Jay and Tammy Post

    ReplyDelete