Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I'll Praise You in this Storm

Wow, what a day!  After yesterday's rough roller coaster of ups and downs, imagine my surprise when I got to Ashton this morning to see that she was doing amazingly well.  Her night nurse told me she had a great night, but I wasn't prepared for how calm she was when I got to her.  Her doctor came by before rounds, looked at her vent. monitor and said, "We are going to make some changes and try to remove her tube today."  Imagine my SHOCK at this news.  I began praying immediately...not for her to be extubated, but for her to be peaceful and do whatever her little body would let her.  She proved she was ready to try to breath on her own and was extubated at 11:30a.m.  She was placed on a C-Pap machine and has been breathing on her own, with the machine's assistance, since that time.  We are keenly aware that her little body may not be able to sustain breathing on her own and she may have to be placed back on the ventilator, however we are choosing to have FAITH that she will do great.  She hasn't liked the C-Pap head gear or nasal tubes and has managed to remove them twice!  She gets very mad and I heard her cry for the first time today....and her momma cried with her.  She is a fighter and I am so in love with our precious daughter. 

I got to take a picture of her sweet face with only her small feeding/medication tube.


This is what the C-Pap gear looks like.

I'm sure there were other important events today, but to be honest I can't remember anything else about today.  I'm exhausted and going to bed early tonight.  Please continue to pray for her lung function and breathing without the vent.  We are choosing to praise Him in this Storm and hope you will praise Him with us.  We appreciate your prayers and words of encouragement so very much.  Without them the days and nights would be so much longer.

Much love.
Brandi


I'll Praise You in this Storm -- Casting Crowns

I was sure by now
God you would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say “Amen”, and it’s still raining


As the thunder rolls
I barely hear Your whisper through the rain
“I’m with you”
And as You mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away


I’ll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
Every tear I’ve cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm


I remember when
I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry
You raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can’t find You


As the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
“I’m with you”
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away


I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The Maker of Heaven and Earth

4 comments:

  1. Praise Him for His love and healing touch to baby Ashton. Through her calm He sends her mommy some much needed comfort and strength. HE is always with you, especially in the storms. Our prayers of praise and petition for your sweet girl continue through the day and through the darkness of the night. We pray HE strengthen Ashton, her mommy, her daddy an her big brother for what each days holds for each of you while on this joirney HE is unfolding. We pray for HIM to grant her doctors the knowledge. Wisdom, and skill to help make Ashton's journey follow the course HE has set. We join many other prayer warriors, claiming healing for your sweet Ashton's little lungs, heart and body and for her continued progress with her Cpap

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so thrilled to hear that she had a good day yesterday!! We continue to pray for Ashton and the entire family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neverending prayers for Baby Ashton and the whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ll praise You in this storm
    And I will lift my hands
    For You are who You are
    No matter where I am
    Every tear I’ve cried
    You hold in Your hand
    You never left my side
    And though my heart is torn
    I will praise You in this storm

    ..Hello there!
    I'm just from the morgue to see my auntie Lisa, a trooper who has battled with cancer for a long time.I'll be honest with you, i still have questions, but i'll not ask, i'll not question God! I'll lift my hands and praise in Him in this storm, for He knows why!

    Moving on! Baby Ashton is healed in the name of God! I'm so glad you are praising with me in this storm! As Don Moen aptly puts it, 'I'll sing, i'll praise.Even in my darkest hour.Through the sorrow and the pain.'

    Please don't lose your desire to sing.And remember nothing is ever permanent, other than the Love of God.Be very encouraged!

    Much Love.
    Jecinta-Kenya.

    ReplyDelete